From Violence to Peace.
Calming Emotional Storms in Your Life Series (Vol. 2)
Why is there so much violence in the world and what you can do about it?
Violent incidents appear in the news on a daily basis. Different kinds of violence surround us in our communities and throughout the world. It has likely touched you or someone you know in one way or another. It’s easy to fret about violence or become angry at those you see as responsible for it. Can you do more than look on as the world unravels? Yes you can. This book will help you understand violence, see where it comes from and what you can do to reduce it. Here is what you will discover:
- The many faces of violence–Find out what violence is and explore theories which explain it. See how violence fits in with human emotions. Put violence in perspective.
- How we got to this point–Learn about the process of becoming angry. Consider a short history of human violence. See the various kinds of violence. See how violence can arise within you. See why people resort to violence. Learn how your family, community and government can encourage violence.
- How religion fits in–Consider religion across the ages, some of the main religious traditions and how violence and terrorism relate to religion.
- How you can find peace–Learn how you can find peace within yourself. Find out how to have more peaceful relationships with others. Explore how you can find peace with God and the Universe.
- A closer look at the worst problems– Consider the problems of domestic violence, sexual violence, school violence, criminal justice contributions, terrorism, random violence and contributions of the media.
- Some tools to use in doing your part–consider earth’s needs, what legacy you will leave your children, and the various levels on which you can contribute to the process of peace.
None of these challenges are easy to engage in. But playing your part is not just for your benefit. Everyone you know or care about has a stake in the conflict between violence and peace. So does the future of your children and of Earth. Would you like to know more about the path which lies ahead?
Go to the Amazon page for From Violence to Peace. Click on “Look Inside” to see the first part of the book and start your journey.